- Anton Draper, Head of Estate Regeneration, MHCLG
- Julian Hart, Housing Regeneration Programme Manager, Lambeth Council
- Tom Byrne, Director, Meeting Place Communications
- Nick Yandle, Policy Leader, National Housing Federation
- Marina Robertson, Director of Operations, The NPS Group
- Dr Michael Leary-Owhin, Course Director MA Planning, Policy and Practice, London South Bank University (chair)
- Darren Welsh, Corporate Director for Housing, Waltham Forest Council
- Mairead Carroll, Programme Director for Housing Portfolio, London First
- Dan Knowles, Director, Sawyer Fielding
- Amanda Taylor, Urban Design Director, Nash Partnership
The delivery of estate regeneration schemes is a rapidly changing area of housing and planning. In London, this is evident in the roll-out of the residents mandatory ballot scheme and the ‘Better Homes for Local people’ initiative. Particularly, developers must meet new policy changes by delivering additional housing, better social outcomes and working with local residents.
Attend this Westminster Briefing for a full update on the latest development in policy, funding and guidance relating to estate regeneration. You will learn how local authorities, housing associations and developers can work together to deliver high-quality redeveloped housing estates.
Key issues to be adressed:
- Update on the Estate Regeneration National Strategy
- Securing estate regeneration projects in accordance with the residents mandatory ballot scheme
- Practice from a triad of perspectives: residents, councils and developers
- Exploring the potential for developing infill sites in estate regeneration
- Funding available to support estate regeneration
About the day:
The morning session will look at the policy, funding and delivery of estate regeneration schemes, as well as exploring the potential for developing infill sites in estate regeneration.
The afternoon session will explore good practice: sharing successful case studies on developing an estate regeneration strategy.
We will provide morning refreshments and a networking lunch. Please let us know about any special needs or dietary requirements.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in regeneration, including: local authority housing, planning & regeneration officers; housing associations; developers; elected members; consultants; & surveyors.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com