- David Smith, Policy Director, Residential Landlords Association
- Fiona Anthony, Solicitor, nplaw
- Francis Burton, Empty Homes Officer, Croydon Council
- Further speakers to be announced
Despite stronger powers being awarded to councils to tackle empty homes last year, statistics still show that there are over 200,000 long-term empty properties across the country. With pressure on all those in the sector to find solutions to the housing crisis, now is the time to employ strategies to bring empty homes back into use.
Join us on the 19th November for an up-to-date brief on the latest policy, guidance and examine best practice in bringing empty properties back into use by utilising the existing powers available to local authorities.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Rating (Property in Common Occupation) & Council Tax (Empty Dwellings) Act and it’s impact to date
- Trends in the number of empty homes
- Current powers and funding available to address empty properties
- Using legal powers, such as Empty Dwelling Management Orders and Compulsory Purchase Orders to bring empty homes back into use
- The main barriers in the current system and how to overcome them
- Putting together an effective Empty Properties Strategy
The morning session will focus on recent policy and legal developments affecting empty properties.
The afternoon session will examine best practice in bringing empty homes back into use.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in empty properties, including local government officers, lawyers and property owners.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com