- Katherine Richardson, Deputy Director, Resilience and Emergencies, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Craig Woolhouse, Deputy Director, Flood Modelling & Forecasting, Environment Agency
- Kan Grover, Head of Civil Contingencies, Emergency Planning & Business Continuity, Harrow Council
- Helen Hinds, Emergency Planning and Resilience Manager, Newcastle City Council
- Russ Parramore, Emergency Planning Officer, South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue
- Further speakers TBC
Recent events in the UK have tested local and national resilience. Emergencies and crises must be well prepared for and met with strong and coordinated action by public services. Preparedness, resilience and recovery should be at the heart of local strategies.
Join Westminster Briefing on Tuesday 21 August to hear from Katherine Richardson, Deputy Director, Resilience and Emergencies, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government on current national guidance and good practice.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Recent trends and challenges in emergency planning
- Local authorities: taking the lead in responding to civil emergencies
- Ensuring business continuity after a major incident
- Working with local partners to coordinate emergency planning
- The role of Fire & Rescue Services in developing and exercising plans
- Learning lessons from recent emergencies and major incidents
- Tailoring your strategy to the unique challenges of your area
- Good practice in emergency preparedness, response and recovery
About the Day:
The morning session will focus on the policy landscape of emergency planning and the impact of recent major incidents. Delegates in the afternoon session will explore best practice in emergency planning, and how you can practically develop your resilience strategy.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from across public services involved in emergency planning, including: Heads of Resilience; Business Continuity Managers; Community Safety Managers; Emergency Planning Managers; Heads of Public Protection; Emergency Risk Planners; Civil Contingencies Managers; Disaster Response Managers; Directors of Public Health and all others whose role touches on crisis resilience.