Confirmed speakers include:
- Cherron Inko-Tariah MBE, Author, The Incredible Power of Staff Networks
- Matthew Mears, Chair, LGBT Staff Network, The University of Sheffield
- Hamid Motraghi, Chair, Civil Service Race Forum
- Matt Davis, Chair, Staff Network Group for Disability, Transport For London
- Adaobi Ifeachor, co-chair, Women at the BBC
- Javid Rana, Chair, Association of Muslim Police, Metropolitan Police Service
- Richard McKenna, Director, Inclusvie Employers
- Further speakers TBC
Staff and employee networks aim to encourage collaborative working, knowledge sharing, and opportunities for both development and social engagement. Staff and employee networks can have a powerful impact on an organisation. If ran well, they can have help employees from minority groups feel included and promote positive change within the workplace.
Join Westminster Briefing on 5 July to be briefed about and discuss how the power of networks can be supported & harnessed and learn from existing successful examples.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- The role of an employer in nurturing networks
- The relationship between ‘networks’ and ‘champions’
- Working with networks to promote positive change
- External support to facilitate a network
- Measuring the success of a network
- Situation where numbers are an issue: other options & alternatives
- What do leading networks do that add value for members & employers?
- Establish and sustaining networks over wide geographic areas
- Engaging staff outside of a network
- Encouraging leadership from within your network
The morning session will provide an up-to-date brief on the benefits of staff networks and examine what employers can do to both nurture and work with them to promote positive change.
The afternoon session will focus on current good practice and learning from existing innovative networks. The event will finish with a practise based workshop, led by Inclusive Employers.
Who Should Attend?
Attendees will be drawn from anyone with an interest in developing staff networks, including: employers; HR personnel; D&I officers and managers; and networks themselves.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com