At Dods, what we do best is produce cutting-edge content and partner with the best thought-leaders - to bring to you insights, the latest policy information, best practice and an opportunity to exchange exciting ideas with peers. As, for now, you cannot join us at our live events, we will bring them to you, in the safety of your homes and offices. The Building Better, Building Beautiful Briefing goes online!
- Nicholas Boys-Smith, Chair, Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission
- Peter Dawson, Built Environment Manager, Place Services, Essex County Council
- Further speakers to be announced
With the focus for housing delivery almost exclusively on quantity, quality is something we rarely hear as important – bar fundamental – to successful development.
The Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission report released this January has highlighted how quality in new build development is fundamental to success for winning community support through involvement, guaranteeing effective stewardship and ensuring sustainability into the future. Considering the report’s recommendations, the Government has committed to a Future Homes Standard, a forthcoming National Model Design Code and implementing a “Fast Track for Beauty” rule in the planning process for councils.
Join us in November to understand the latest developments for design in planning. We will look at the latest proposals for reform, how design principles will change in the planning process and innovative ways to develop local, sustainable and beautiful places.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Update from The Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission’s Living With Beauty report
- Understand the ‘Fast Track for Beauty’ rule for councils: New processes to speed up the planning process for beautiful buildings
- Ensuring quality is not the enemy of supply: Streamlining delivery targets with quality development
- Place matters: Considering placemaking at the outset of new development
- Local area, Local Involvement: Involving communities in local plans and planning applications
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in design in planning, including: Heads of Built Environment, Heads of Planning, Architects, Designers, Heads of Strategic Planning, Heads of Sustainability.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com