- Will Saunders, Independent Consultant, WPS Ltd; former Creative Director, Digital, BBC Television
- Jane Finnis, Chief Executive, Culture24
- Paul Teasdale, Digital Content Manager, Natural History Museum
- Kevin Bacon, Digital Manager, Royal Pavilion & Museums, Brighton & Hove
- Dr Ross Parry, Associate Professor & Deputy Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Digital), University of Leicester (event chair)
The Government’s Culture is Digital report – released earlier this year – identified a number of key areas in which cultural organisations can make more effective use of digital technology to improve audience engagement, skills and organisational capability and produce engaging content.
Join us on 27th June to hear how your organisation can make better use of digital technology and to learn from best practice within the cultural sector.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Background and context of the Government’s Culture is Digital report
- Benefits and challenges of embracing digital technology
- The importance of digital literacies in leadership
- Understanding digital skills gaps and improving digital understanding within the sector
- Improving audience access and participation through more effective use of digital
- Producing engaging digital content
- Case study examples of best practice in using digital within the sector
The morning session will focus on the importance of embracing digital technology within the cultural sector, and will cover the key themes of leadership, skills, audience engagement and content.
The afternoon session will look at current best practice in the use of digital in the sector and will include case studies including the Natural History Museum.
Who Should Attend?
Attendees will come from across the cultural sector, including those involved with heritage, museums, galleries, cinema and music. They will also include officers and councillors from local government, who are involved in the promotion of culture in their local area.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com.