- John Galvin MBE, Independent Waste Regulation Specialist, CIWM
- Sam Corp, Head of Regulation, Environmental Services Association UK
- Prof. Karl Williams, Head of The Centre for Waste Management, University of Central Lancashire
- James Hardy, Street Scene Manager, Basildon Borough Council
- Katie Cockburn, Director of Qualifications and Standards, WAMITAB
- Jim McClelland, Editor, SustMeme (event chair)
In November 2018, Defra released an independent review into serious and organized waste crime, which identified what crimes are being committed, the response and the effect of these crimes. The recommendations include a call for stronger relationships between the Environment Agency, local authorities and PCCs, a reform to registration and duty of care requirements, and accountability measures for the destination of waste products.
A response to this included Defra’s published findings and guidance on reducing waste crime and poor waste management, including guidance for local authorities on household waste duty of care fixed penalty notices and processes.
Join us on 4th July to hear from experts and government officials on how you can tackle crime and poor performance in your area and learn about the new guidance to integrate in to your work in this field.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Latest amendments to the Environmental Permitting Regulations
- Updates to the waste duty of care: code of practice
- Strengthening the regulators and local authorities assessment and enforcement powers
- Enforcing fixed penalties for waste duty of care
- Enforcement powers and working in partnership to tackle waste crime
About the day:
The morning session will focus on updates to waste legislation and regulation to ensure better compliance and performance in the waste sector.
The afternoon session addresses the key issues in tackling crime in the waste sector.
We will provide morning refreshments and a networking lunch. Please let us know about any special needs or dietary requirements.
Who should attend?
Environmental Service Managers; Enforcement Officers; Area Coordinators; PCCs; Recycling and Waste Officers; Community Engagement Officers; Environmental Education Officers; Environmental & Sustainabillity Officers; Community Safety Managers; Waste Contract Managers; Street Care Managers; Environmental Resource Managers; Service Managers; Environmental Health Managers and anybody with an interest in tackling waste crime & fly-tipping in their area.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Matthew.Binns@dodsgroup.com