- David Styles, Director of Corporate Governance, Financial Reporting Council (FRC)
- Simon Lowe, Consultant, Chair of Governance Institute, Grant Thornton
- More speakers TBC
In July the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) published the new Corporate Governance Code, which includes key changes on executive pay, workforce engagement and board diversity. New FRC guidance on board effectiveness has also been released to support companies in applying the Code, which will come into effect on 1st January 2019.
Join company secretaries from across the corporate world in November to receive an up-to-date brief from David Styles, Director of Corporate Governance, FRC about the new code and examine the steps your organisation should take to implement its key provisions.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Overview of the new Code: Key changes, impacts and timescale for implementation
- Applying the new Code in practice and reporting on your organisation's application of the Code
- Changes to rules over executive pay and reporting requirements
- Improving board diversity and succession
- Increasing shareholder and wider stakeholder engagement
- Developing a healthy culture of corporate governance
- Addressing behaviours and practices that do not align with company values
About the Event:
In the morning session, you will hear from the FRC about changes to the Corporate Governance Code and the steps your organisation should take to prepare for their implement in 2019.
The afternoon session will be focused on current corporate governance good practice and will examine how to apply the Code’s new principles in your setting.
Who Should Attend?
Attendees will be drawn from anyone with an interest in corporate governance, including: company secretaries; legal and compliance officers; directors; as well as shareholder and employee representatives.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.