Confirmed speakers include:
- Jonathan Stanley, Chief Executive Officer, The Independent Children’s Homes Association (event chair)
- Further speakers TBC
Children’s residential care remains an important part of overall care provision for children and young people, however pressure over funding and attention by local and central government has left many in the sector concerned about the future. Care home operators need to ensure this vital service remains a key aspect of children’s services for the foreseeable future through professional development of staff as well as through their care practices. What is in store for the sector and how can you prepare?
Join Westminster Briefing on the 21st June and understand the changes for residential practices and workers and the impact this will have on the sector. Meet with your peers to share best practices learn how you can prepare for the future.
Key issues to be addressed:
- What has changed since the Narey review and what can we expect?
- The role of the Residential Care Leadership Board and its implications
- Improving care through effective strategic commissioning of high quality placements
- Discussing the decriminalisation in residential homes
- How to recruit new workers
- Improving support and training for current workers
- Confronting the decline in Level 3 qualified carers—how apprenticeships and availability are having an impact
- Encouraging good leadership to set high standards
- Combining staff training and support structures to meet the needs of young people
- Having effective matching processes for referrals and planned moves into care homes
- Developing creative approaches to education
- Achieving the aims of Staying Close in your area
The issues will be divided into sessions entitled:
- Improving Children’s Residential Care
- Recruiting, Retaining and Developing Residential Care Workers
- Sharing Good Care Practices
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from, but not excluded to: Children’s residential care managers and staff, social workers, commissioners, child welfare & protection teams and anyone working in local authority and independent children's residential care services.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com