Leadership is the key to delivering effective children’s social care. Leaders in social care agencies are responsible for the effectiveness of their staff, the efficiency of their organisation as well as overcoming major challenges. How can we encourage leaders to rise to all levels to face the challenges of the social care system?
Attend this Westminster Briefing on the 27th September and learn what it takes to be an effective leader in children’s social care. Join your peers seeking to understand what skills are to be developed to tackle the biggest challenges facing their organisations. Hear from social care settings on how they are developing leadership through the ranks and how you can implement your own strategies.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Driving improvement through engagement and relationship development with staff, partners and communities
- Developing innovative ways to overcome recruitment and retention challenges
- Encouraging staff to be creative in identifying development opportunities
- Enabling a distributive, supportive and creative culture
- Highlighting shared values, shared responsibilities and expected behaviour
- Addressing deficits as they arise and identifying good practice
- Seeking feedback and acting on it
- The importance of engaging with partner agencies
- Performance management: leading by example
- Being ready to innovate and adapt from lessons learnt
- Using scrutiny to develop better practices
The Morning sessions will focus on the responsibilities of leaders for their staff and for their work cultures. What does it take to enhance the effectiveness of your team and how can you ensure organisational innovation and progression?
The Afternoon session will offer case studies showcasing the need to learn and adapt to improve performance and ultimately improve service to children and young people.
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from: local authority children's services, children’s social care managers, head of workforce development, improvement and development officers and anyone with an interest the leadership skill set within children’s services.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Oliver.firstname.lastname@example.org