The Government’s Childhood Obesity Strategy promotes healthy eating and active lifestyles. However, childhood obesity continues to be an issue for 1 in 5 children starting Primary school, and by 2020 it is estimated that half of all children will be overweight or obese. As boroughs around the country settle into a new partnership system, a revised approach is required to ensure all children benefit from early intervention and prevention.
Join us this August to review government policy around Childhood Obesity and explore how your region can better support child health through the new partnership system. We will discuss best practice and recent guidance with leading experts in the field in order to achieve greater outcomes for children.
Key issues to be addressed include:
- Overview of the results of the childhood obesity strategy so far and what the future is likely to bring
- Examples of innovative local approaches for tackling childhood obesity
- Understanding the connection between social deprivation and obesity on a local and national level
- Improving the provision of healthy food in all public sector settings
- Pooling budgets for the best results for early years
- Recent policy and guidance in developing the role of schools in promoting healthy eating and exercise
- Promoting healthy eating and physical activity in early years settings
- The role of Health Visitors, School Nurses and other health professionals in tackling childhood obesity
- Tackling the dual problems of childhood obesity and health inequalities
The morning session will focus on what steps you can take to prevent and reduce childhood obesity and how to embed them into your approach.
The afternoon session will examine best practice examples of local initiatives that promote prevention and early intervention against obesity in children.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from: Public health teams, Health & Wellbeing Boards, school nurses & health visitors, dieticians & nutritionists, sport & leisure officers, CCGs, clinical leads, charities and any-one with an interest in childhood obesity, public health and physical activity.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657