- Stephanie Brivio OBE, Deputy Director, Children’s Services, Department for Education
- David Ashcroft, Chair, Association of Independent LSCB Chairs
- Graham Archer, Director of Children’s Social Care, Improvement and Learning, Social Care, Mobility & Equalities (SCME), Department for Education
- Ashley McDougall, Director, Local Government Health and Education National Audit Office
- Jane Shuttleworth, Chair, Bexley Safeguarding Children Board
- Jenny Coles, Director of Children’s Services, Hertfordshire County Council
- Jon Brown (Chair), Head of Development and Impact, NSPCC
- Further speakers TBC
The Children and Social Work Act 2017 contains major reforms to child safeguarding. Agencies must change their local structures to address failings in the system, highlighted in the Wood Report. Headline measures include new statutory arrangements to replace LSCBs.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to hear from Stephanie Brivio OBE, Deputy Director, Children’s Services, DfE and receive an up-to-date brief of the Government reforms.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- The Children and Social Work Act: understanding Government action and implementing reform
- Implementing the Wood Report recommendations and replacing the existing structure of LSCBs
- New arrangements between health services, the police and local government
- Ensuring an effective and safe transition to the new statutory framework
- Learning from successful models of local safeguarding arrangements
- Changing the culture of child safeguarding
- Working with the third sector and other agencies to develop your local plan
About the Day:
The morning session will provide with you a comprehensive overview of the Government’s reforms and what they mean for the future of child safeguarding in your area.
The afternoon session will focus on good practice in child safeguarding. You will hear case studies of how different local agencies across the country are successfully developing their child safeguarding models.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
Delegates will be drawn from, LSCBs, children’s safeguarding teams, the police, health, probation, voluntary agencies, social work officials, committee officers and all those involved in local child safeguarding procedures.