Confirmed speakers include:
- Sue Gower, Safeguarding Children’s Board Programme Development Manager, Kent County Council
- Andrea Brewis, Team Leader, Child Death Review Rapid Response Service, Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Lynda Sunner, Child Death Review Rapid Response Service, Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Further Speakers TBC
Under the Children and Social Work Act 2017, changes will be made to the way child death reviews are conducted. With the remove of Local Child Safeguarding Boards and the introduction of Child Death Review Partners there will need to be significant preparation to ensure the effective investigations of child deaths are not impacted.
Join Westminster Briefing for an updated look at the child death investigation procedure and what organisations must do considering recent changes to guidelines. Learn what the new changes mean for you and hear from recent case studies to enhance your best practice procedures.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Recent changes to CODP statutory guidance
- How the removal of LCSBs will affect the operations of CODPs
- Changes to Child Death Review Partners guidance
- Combining child death review partner areas and delegating functions
- Responding to the death of a child
- Involving and supporting the family
- Changes in the Child Death database
- New statutory guidance on child health reviews
- Classification of sudden unexpected infant deaths
- Driving efficiency of investigations through technology
- Lessons learnt from case reviews
- Emphasising consent and confidentiality
- Delivering greater inter-agency cooperation
- Quality care for the bereaved family
About the event:
The morning session will focus on the changes to guidance for Child Death Reviews, the impact it will have on investigations and what local authorities and health bodies must do to prepare.
The afternoon session will look at best practice case studies; how local agencies are currently delivering effective responses to child death investigations including support to bereaved families as well as the wider community.
Who should attend?
You will join a range of delegates from organisations including but not limited to: CDOPs, NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups, Local Child Safeguarding Boards, Children’s Services and more.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: email@example.com