The number of safeguarding related reports received by the Charity Commission have trebled in the past year, following a number of high-profile cases reported in the media. Charities are now more than ever aware of the need to uphold the highest possible safeguarding standards and practices.
Join us on 6th November to examine how your organisation can improve its safeguarding policies and practices and learn from good practice within the charity sector.
Issues to be addressed:
- The standards of safeguarding charities are expected to uphold and steps they should take to achieve this
- Putting in place safeguarding policies and procedures which reflect the law and best practice
- Taking reasonable steps to protect children and vulnerable adults from harm
- Having a clear system of reporting concerns as soon as abuse is identified or suspected
- Responding to abuse or allegations of abuse rapidly, carrying out investigations confidentially and referring concerns to the appropriate authorities
- Implementing and reviewing safeguarding policies and practices
- Making all trustees, employees and volunteers aware of what abuse is and how to spot it
- Preventing harm and abuse with a rigorous recruitment and interview process
- Proactive safeguarding measures
- Case study examples of best practice
The morning session will cover the safeguarding standards charities are expected to uphold, and the steps they can take to improve their safeguarding policies and practices.
The afternoon will examine a number of good practice case studies from within the charity sector, where effective safeguarding measures have been taken to protect staff, volunteers and other stakeholders from harm.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs for dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in improving safeguarding standards and practices within the charity sector including: charity managers and senior officers; trustees; HR officers; volunteer managers; lawyers and representative groups.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com