Confirmed to speak:
- Mirela Temo, Education Improvement Consultant – MAGT Lead, Ealing Council
- Victoria Gascoyne-Cecil, Headteacher, Worlingworth and Thorndon CEVC Primary Schools
- Susanna Staab, Headteacher & Sue Kelly, Deputy Headteacher (Teaching & Learning), Norton Knatchbull Grammar School
- Emma Brining, More Able Students Coordinator, Sir John Lawes School
- Alan Barham, Education Consultant and Former Headteacher (Chair)
Nearly a year on from Ofsted's Chief Inspector portraying the performance of the most able children as ”a bleak picture of under-achievement and unfulfilled potential”, the progress of that cohort remains a focus for inspectors, policy-makers and School Leaders alike. Action on this area can mean the difference at your next inspection.
Attend this Westminster Briefing for a comprehensive update on how best to fulfil the potential of the most able in your school. Hear about how recent policy changes will impact this work and what to expect from Ofsted, including the latest evidence of best practice. Equip your teachers to stretch all pupils and ensure every child achieves their potential.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Overview of the national policy context: Progress 8 and beyond
- Stretching the most able to achieve their potential
- The Ofsted view: what to expect on inspection
- Impact of changes to the schools landscape
- Building a Whole School Approach
- Defining, identifying and tracking the most able pupils
- Putting Social Mobility at the heart of your plan
- Engaging and motivating teachers and support staff
- Examining the transition from KS2 to KS3
- Making use of extra-curricular resources and methods
The morning session will look at the latest policy and inspection developments, alongside senior leader perspectives and their strategies.
The afternoon session will look at proven school examples for stretching the most able, and how to measure their success.
Who Should Attend?
You will join a range of school and education stakeholders including but not limited to: Senior and Middle leaders, Gifted & Talented/Most Able Co-ordinators, Teaching & Learning Co-ordinators, Teachers and Governors.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@westminster-briefing.com