- Tony Porter, Surveillance Camera Commissioner
- Further speakers TBC
The use of CCTV and surveillance cameras is evolving as regulation, technology and public perceptions of camera are constantly changing. Earlier this year, the Surveillance Camera Commissioner’s National Surveillance Camera Strategy for England & Wales was released to provide national guidance and co-ordinate a national framework. The strategy is supported by Government as well as many other key organisations within the sector.
Attend this Westminster Briefing to hear from Tony Porter, Surveillance Camera Commissioner about the Commissioner's strategy for surveillance camera use, explore current best practice and case studies of effective working, and learn how to address the unique challenges you face in your sector.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Overview of the National Surveillance Camera Strategy for England and Wales 2017
- The role of the Surveillance Camera Commissioner in raising standards and ensuring best practice
- Meeting regulatory and data protection obligations
- Partnership working across local services
- Embedding new technologies and innovative surveillance measures legally and within the regulatory framework
- Learning from best practice in effective and successful surveillance camera use
- Using CCTV to fight crime and protect the public
About the Day:
The morning session will aim to provide delegates with an up-to-date brief of the current regulatory framework and the new national surveillance camera strategy.
The afternoon session will focus on best practice in the area. This is a good opportunity to explore how your organisation can meet the surveillance camera code of practice.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from all those who work with CCTV and surveillance cameras, including: CSPOs, CCTV Managers, CCTV Supervisors, Parking Managers, Enforcement Managers, Station Managers, Neighbourhood Managers, Community Safety Officers, local authorities, local councils, police services, police authorities, security companies, and all others with an interest in this area.