- Graham Vidler, CEO, Confederation of Passenger Transport
- Further speakers to be announced
The Government has announced an overhaul of bus services backed by an investment of £220m from the treasury that will be rolled out across England. The plan will fund new ‘superbus’ networks and expand the fleet of low-emission buses to give local authorities that wish to pursue “London-style bus system in their area” the support needed.
Join us on February the 13th to explore what these reforms will mean for your area. This is the opportunity to assess the current state of local bus services, identify areas for improvement, share good practice and prepare for the next steps.
Key issues to be addressed include:
- Recent available funding and how to access it
- The role of ‘superbus’ networks: uniting the existing fragmented system
- Expanding fleets of low-emission buses
- The Bus Services Act impact to date
- Good practice case studies from LAs delivering a robust and cost-effective local bus service
- Creating greener bus services
- Pursuing a ‘London-style’ bus system in your local area
About the event:
The morning session will focus on the Government plans for bus service reform.
The afternoon session will examine good practice in developing efficient and green bus services in your local area.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in reforms to local bus services, including: leaders, strategy directors, planners and elected members in local authorities; transport executives; bus service providers; passenger representative groups; business and LEP representatives; health, education and community transport representatives and anyone with an interest in the future of local bus services
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.
Please note that all speakers and the agenda are subject to change without notice.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Egan@dodsgroup.com