- Justin Leese, Program Director, Local Full Fibre Networks, Department of Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS)
- Hannah Taylor, Project Director, Broadband USO, Ofcom
- More speakers TBC
People and businesses across the UK depend on reliable access to Broadband, yet provision is inconsistent and many areas have limited broadband coverage. The Government is attempting to remedy this through the Local Full Fibre Networks Programme and the introduction of a Broadband Universal Service Obligation (USO) to ensure that speeds of at least 10Mbps are achieved across the whole of the UK by 2020.
Join Westminster Briefing on Thursday 18th October for an up-to-date brief on the roll out of high-speed broadband from Justin Leese, Program Director, Local Full Fibre Networks, Department of Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) and the implementation of the USO from Hannah Taylor, Project Director, Broadband USO, Ofcom.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Government policies to support the delivery of High-Speed Broadband
- Funding, support and guidance available for full fibre networks and 5G
- Increasing coverage of superfast broadband
- Removing the barriers to industry investment
- Case study examples of successful local and community-led broadband projects
- Implementing of the Universal Service Obligation
- Ensuring consumers receive a good quality connection of at least 10Mbps
- Making consumers aware of their right to register their demand through the USO
The morning session will provide an overview of Government policies to support the delivery of High-Speed Broadband.
The afternoon will cover the implementation of the Universal Service Obligation.
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs for dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from those interested in improving broadband coverage, and will include representatives from from local authorities, local Superfast Broadband schemes, broadband providers and businesses.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Dominic.Leigh@dodsgroup.com