In early 2018, Defra announced a review of the Government’s long-term Strategy for achieving Officially Bovine Tuberculosis Free status for England. The purpose of the review “is to consider progress made to date and to consider what further actions might need to be prioritised […]”. The Government also launched two new consultations: one considering extending the number of new badger culls being licensed by Natural England, the other focusing on allowing some culling in low risk areas. These consultations ended in April, and the Government’s review is anticipated to be published in September.
Join this Westminster Briefing event to gain a comprehensive and current update of current Bovine TB eradication policy. This is an opportunity to consider how to increase the effectiveness of collaborative efforts between industry, the public & third sectors, and to drive forward work to defeat TB.
The morning session will provide you with a comprehensive overview of current Bovine TB eradication policy and what it means for you in your area.
The afternoon session will explore how these policies are being delivered nationally and will assess examples of innovative good practice, partnership working and local engagement.
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Comprehensive overview of the Government’s Bovine TB eradication strategy
- Update on Defra’s review: where are we going?
- Results and changes following recent consultations
- Achieving OTF status by 2038: assessing progress
- Supporting farmers and industry to protect herds and safeguard biosecurity
- Local Government’s role: enforcement and outreach
- Stringent cattle control measures: effectiveness and options
- Examples of effective partnership working to tackle bTB
- Implementing successful TB eradication programmes
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from across Local Government, Farming, Industry, Research and anyone with an interest or involvement in combatting Bovine TB.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: William.Walker-Lane@westminster-briefing.com
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available confirming your attendance.