Following the Budget announcement of further funding for increasing participation and attainment in mathematics from Key Stage 3 to Further Education, attend this Westminster Briefing for the details on those changes and a progress report on the reformed curriculum and assessment framework for maths.
Explore how the new funding will impact on maths teaching in your setting, and hear how other schools and colleges are dealing with the first round of new examinations and their implications. With the profile of maths teaching only going to rise, it is essential school and college leaders adapt to these changes and ensure the best outcomes for your pupils.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Timeline and details of the new “£177m to promote maths” including the £600 for every additional 16-19 pupil studying a Level 3 qualification
- Funding changes in the context of the overall school funding landscape
- Progress in implementing the amended GCSE and A Level curricula
- Impact of the new assessment and qualifications framework
- Building on the Smith Review and addressing the resit system
- Supporting and developing teachers and senior leaders to raise pupil engagement
- Effective partnership working with other schools, colleges and universities
- Examples of wide-ranging and complementary extra-curricular programmes
- Pilot funding for "innovative approaches" to improve resit outcomes
About the event:
The morning session will focus on recent policy and funding developments in maths teaching, and examine how it will impact your setting.
The afternoon session will look in detail at strategies currently being used successfully in schools and colleges to increase participation and attainment in maths.
Who should attend?
You will join a range of education stakeholders including, but not limited to, Headteachers, Senior Leaders, Heads of Mathematics, Faculty Leaders for Mathematics, Mathematics Teachers, Subject Leaders, Curriculum Leaders, Curriculum and Qualification Specialists, Maths Hubs Leads and anyone involved or interested in the teaching of Mathematics from Key Stage 3 to FE.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: Tim.Archer@Westminster-Briefing.com