Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Sandra Kerr OBE, Race Equality Director, Business in the Community
- Raj Tulsiani, CEO, Green Park
- Gamiel Yafai, Managing Director, Diversity Marketplace
- Natasha Broomfield-Reid, Head of Development, Equal Approach
- Cordelia Osewa-Ediae, Clore Social Fellow & Consultant at Inclusive Employers
- Anne Sylvester, Diversity Consultant
- Jagtar Singh OBE, Diversity & Inclusion Consultant (event chair)
Baroness McGregor-Smith's recent ‘Race in the Workplace Review’ found "there is discrimination and bias at every stage of an individual’s career, and even before it begins". This is supported by EHRC research that shows Black workers with degrees earn 23.1% less on average than White workers with degrees, much lower proportions of ethnic minorities are in senior positions and in 2014 all-white executive teams ran 69% of FTSE 100 companies.
Join Westminster Briefing on 4th May to be briefed on and discuss what employers can do to change this and better support their BAME staff.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Changing individual mind-sets and an organisation’s working culture
- Different ways in which unconscious bias can affect recruitment
- Name-blind job applications & pro-active steps employers can take
- Making sure interview panels don’t recruit in their own image
- Better managing talent pipelines: measures to ensure BAME people progress
- Building diverse role model credentials & remaining authentic to minorities in a majority culture
- The role of positive action
- Learning lessons from successful workplace inclusion initiatives
The morning sessions will focus on changing workplace cultures and how employers can overcome unconscious bias in recruitment.
The afternoon session will examine what employers can do to promote more BAME people into leadership positions and the role positive action can play.
The event will finish with a pratise based workshop, led by Inclusive Employers, that will share lessons learnt from delivering successful workplace inclusion initiatives in a wide range of organisations.
Who Should Attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in this agenda, including: employers; HR officers; equality officers; trade union & representative groups.
For registration enquiries please contact: Customer.Services@westminster-briefing.com |
0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org