- Alice Frost, Director of Knowledge Exchange, Research England
- Tim Cook, Team Leader: Skills & Data, Office for Artificial Intelligence at DCMS
- Emma Burke, Innovation Lead: Commercialisation and Open Programmes, InnovateUK
- Dr Gareth Conduit, CTO and Co-founder, Intellegens Ltd
- Dr Brendan Ludden, Head of Licensing & Ventures, Physical Sciences, Oxford University Innovation
- Simon Greenman, Founder and Partner, Best Practice AI
- Further speakers TBC
Artificial Intelligence is at the core of the government’s Industrial Strategy. Universities will play a key role in driving this revolution of emerging technologies and must embrace their responsibility by combining innovative research with effective commercialisation.
Join Westminster Briefing in January to explore how HE and business can work together to access new government funding, improve research impact and exploit emerging technologies.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- Government action to boost AI development in universities
- Delivering on the ‘Grand Challenge’ of putting the UK at the forefront of the AI revolution
- Accessing UKRI’s Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund for R&D
- Working with researchers to develop emerging technology into commercially viable opportunities
- Providing vital skills training through AI courses
- Implementing recommendations from ‘Growing the artificial intelligence industry in the UK’
About the Day:
The morning session will look in detail at government strategies for bringing together industry and academia to improve research, development and commercialisation of emerging technology.
The afternoon session will examine what your university can do to improve the supply of skills and explore successful case studies of industry-academia collaborations.
We will provide morning refreshments and a networking lunch. Please let us know about any special needs or dietary requirements.
Who Should Attend?
You will join a range of higher education stakeholders including, but not limited to, colleagues working in research and knowledge exchange, partnerships, business and innovation, impact, research commercialisation, quality assurance, as well as all others with an interest in or responsibility for knowledge exchange.
The event is CPD certified. A certificate is available after the event.
For registration enquiries please contact:
Customer.email@example.com | 0207 593 5657